• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

106 Knockback/Walkspeed

Chubby

No better than dirt.
Skip to the suggestions at the bottom if don't want to read walls of text where I rant.

[Problem]
So I was looking at CyanEve's 939 knockback suggestion to reduce 939's knockback when it gets shot and it reminded me of a few issues I've had as 106. If you have 2 m249s or 3-4 AR-15s and unload a full clip into 106, you can basically keep 106 in a corner for a few seconds or push him down a hallway away from the lure, which in my opinion is pretty dumb.

On top of this, 106 already has a pretty bad walk speed which takes him nearly 3-4 minutes (rough estimation) to get from his CC to the LCZ. If people manage to spot you in HCZ, they can just grab a lure while a bunch of people shoot you from all over the place. Your only hope of actually killing anyone is either by surprise attack, having loads of SCPs breached, or by camping a hallway until someone is dumb enough to try and run past (even then you're not 100% guaranteed to PD or kill them).

The whole "chase, catch, torture/release" idea is something that has drawn me to apply for SCP-106 in the first place, but currently 106 has little hope of ever chasing someone. The teleportation suggestion from that one guy was denied too, so that's not an option.

TL;DR - Playing 106 feels like a chore and I don't enjoy being bullied in a corner by SID.

[Suggestion 1]
Increase 106's walk speed (not run speed, you're already fast enough in the PD). I made a suggestion awhile for this and it got accepted, but I never really saw any change. So I'm asking again to increase it to a faster speed. 106 can take his time chasing someone, but I don't want it to take 3 years.
This really old video of SCP-106 on Concordia shows the kind of speed I'm expecting. If they can change it to around this space, that would be preferable. Skip to about 16:32 in the video to see what I mean (Ignore the officer ahaha).

[Suggestion 2]
Either remove the knockback completely, or reduce it so it just slows him down instead of pushing him away. Shooting 106 should only be a distraction, and not an actual way to keep him away so the SID with the lure can just loop around. I don't know if this is possible due to Source limitations but if you can, please do so.

That's about it. Feedback appreciated!

Last edited:

CyanEve

Well-Known
Retired Staff
ULTRA MEGA USER
+Support for both.

Getting shot at as 106 is just mildly annoying, but it does knock you back and delay the pace significantly.

Nebuobbles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
DVL
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
-Support for the second one.
It is a viable strat to slow down 106 with a gun if wanted.
Sure maybe reduce the knockback a bit so he doesn't get forced in a corner for a couple of seconds.

dodgamor

Well-Known
106 has knockback? Who's idea was that?
Pretty sure if you shot 106 Canon wise he would just eat the bullet and he wouldn't really have knockback.. that's dumb.
+Support on knockback
~Neutral on speed cause It wouldn't be fun from running from a black man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chubby

No better than dirt.
Sure maybe reduce the knockback a bit so he doesn't get forced in a corner for a couple of seconds.
That works too. I'll add it to the suggestion.
106 has knockback? Who's idea was that?
Pretty sure if you shot 106 Canon wise he would just eat the bullet and he wouldn't really have knockback.. that's dumb.
+Support on knockback
~Neutral on speed cause It wouldn't be fun from running from a black man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yea it won't be a huge speed increase. Just a little bit.

Harris Press

Kek Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
+Support for both
Why would an indestructible anomaly that causes things to corrode right as it touches them that can literally pass through walls get pushed back by some measly bullets? Having 106 take knockback is retarded, one SSO using their P90 can reduce his speed down to a slow crawl, all it would take is just two SSOs and you could easily push him back into HCZ. I think that this is a good change for 106 that makes him a better SCP to play as while not making breaches happen more often but just instead makes him an actual danger when he breaches.

Harkon

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
+Support for #2
Bullets really shouldn't knock 106 back.

Tale

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
For the 2nd option, a reduction should be what is changed, removing it would take out a interaction against 106.
Increasing walkspeed wouldn't really balance out since the knockback would still be pretty high.

+Support for the 2nd option

Chubby

No better than dirt.
I managed to find a clip of SCP-106 before they changed all the speed values on the server. It's in the suggestion if you're interested at all.

Miller

Expert Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
+Support for the first one, -support for the second.

I feel knock back should on 106 should be eliminated given the scenarios laid out.

However speeding his walk speed would make 106 faster than he is, and at his current state he can frequently get people, it's just about being smart.

Dunken

Well-Known
yea, despite 106 walking faster than a regular walk in a lot of games, I do not think that would translate well here. Having 106 ambush people and corner them is easy enough to do here.

Making him walk faster would just be oppresive

Chubby

No better than dirt.
yea, despite 106 walking faster than a regular walk in a lot of games, I do not think that would translate well here. Having 106 ambush people and corner them is easy enough to do here.

Making him walk faster would just be oppresive
He is supposed to be oppressive though. And in response to what you and @Miller said, ambushing people only works once or twice before everyone knows you’re breached and leaves doors open to track your progress.

I’ve seen people play 106 smart, but there’s not much you can do if you’re the only SCP breached (except wait in a hallway or patrol one specific spot). You basically need other SCPs or D-Class/CI attacking to be able to effectively hunt, chase and ambush people. Which is why I’m saying his speed should be increased, because at the moment you’ll only get a chance to catch people if they’re dumb or nobody knows you’re breached yet.

I know the speed increase won’t do much, but it’s better than nothing. Also prior to the speed values being changed for whatever reason, 106 had the normal sandbox walk speed and nobody really had any problems, so really I’m just suggesting it to be restored to something similar to that.

Last edited:

deathxed

Expert Tier
+support for both
But I would suggest adding another second for the amount of seconds 106 has to wait before each kill in order to give people more time to back up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)