• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Containment Cubes

Commie

Expert Tier
Problem:
SID can spawn cubes on top of SCPs to insta contain them, set cubes around to make corridors or vents impossible to pass by. Which is cancer gameplay wise, and isn't how it would work ICly.

Solution:
Make it to where SCPs have to click an option in their action menu to enter a containment cube.

Commie

Expert Tier
I mean carry the cube.
That wouldn't solve the problem at all. People could still just toss cubes at SCPs, which shouldn't be allowed. And by "toss", I mean chase them with the cubes without doing a /me or chasing them.

Miller

Expert Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
That wouldn't solve the problem at all. People could still just toss cubes at SCPs, which shouldn't be allowed. And by "toss", I mean chase them with the cubes without doing a /me or chasing them.
Then have the people with the cubes do an action to open the cube by /open for example.

Calvin

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
if this happens, call staff for FailRP.

If it's possible for cubes to only function when carried, that'd be ideal.

ImTheFBI

Sector Admin
Staff member
Sector Admin
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
Which SCP has this been a problem with? Just about all of them need to be /me’d to be put in the cube and if they aren’t you can call staff.

Commie

Expert Tier
Which SCP has this been a problem with? Just about all of them need to be /me’d to be put in the cube and if they aren’t you can call staff.
All of the ones that can be put into cubes. If they even tap them, they're in the cube. Which is why it's easy to block off hallways or vents. And in the dark, they can easily accidentally get themselves stuck in cubes.

There's not really any rules against it, so people don't know they can't do it. And it's generally cancer.

It's also a lot easier to prove an SCP ignored /mes and refused to get in the cube then it would to win a sit about something that really isn't called out in the rules yet.

People always point out there's no rule against it, so they do those things anyway. Along with "if it wasn't meant to happen then it wouldn't be in the server."

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
The only SCP I see this valid for is like...457

The rest have to be done with a /me. 457 has to go into the cube under fearRP.

Commie

Expert Tier
The only SCP I see this valid for is like...457

The rest have to be done with a /me. 457 has to go into the cube under fearRP.
People can leave them as traps, which completely block off areas for SCPs. And theu can accidentally run into them, trapping them inside. And like I said to Despuci, there is no rule calling it out, so people don't realize it's against the rules.

Calvin

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
People can leave them as traps, which completely block off areas for SCPs. And theu can accidentally run into them, trapping them inside. And like I said to Despuci, there is no rule calling it out, so people don't realize it's against the rules.
easy fix, just put in general rules that if you get into a containment cube without being /me'd into it (with the exception of 457), then you can call an admin to get brought out.

no need for all of this development and hard work for a simple miscommunication

Commie

Expert Tier
easy fix, just put in general rules that if you get into a containment cube without being /me'd into it (with the exception of 457), then you can call an admin to get brought out.

no need for all of this development and hard work for a simple miscommunication
That doesn't fix the fact that cubes left out can trap SCPs. Though it can help stop people from using them as traps/throwing them.

Calvin

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
That doesn't fix the fact that cubes left out can trap SCPs. Though it can help stop people from using them as traps/throwing them.
yes it can, if an SCP just walks into a cube and wasn't /me'd into it, they can call an admin and get brought out.

also, just let @Morgan Harper and @Nebuobbles know that they should tell their men not to leave cubes out as traps or face demotion, or something along those lines.

Hakku

Forum Rookie
Some of the sid have a tendency to block the door and spawn a cube on ur head.

they also block some doors with the cubes too.

Calvin

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
Some of the sid have a tendency to block the door and spawn a cube on ur head.

they also block some doors with the cubes too.
you see what you can do in this particular scenario is call an admin and get released, and also tell Harper about it so he can deal with it.

Morgan Harper

Expert Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
yes it can, if an SCP just walks into a cube and wasn't /me'd into it, they can call an admin and get brought out.

also, just let @Morgan Harper and @Nebuobbles know that they should tell their men not to leave cubes out as traps or face demotion, or something along those lines.
Calvins right, SID should not use cubes other than to put a SCP in them. Not use them as traps for the SCP to run into, or as a defense. If they do it give me the names.

I've seen this done w 1048 sometimes, putting a cube by the door to get out. I might've done it myself on purpose, but yeah.
+support to the easy fix of simply making it a rule
~neutral for the actual suggestion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)