• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Crash upon joining server, not cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martell

Head of Staff
Staff member
Head of Staff
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
I've tried everything I know so now I'm here. So the issue is I join the server get to the very end of the process and then when it says "Requesting lua files from server..." it sits on the screen for a while then it boots me back to the main menu, no crash log, no error report in the files, so if anyone knows anything I'd appreciate the info.

What I've done: Wiped my addons, uninstalled GMOD, Completely deleted all my GMOD files from my PC then re-installed them all, I'm able to join other GMOD Servers, validated my files, and a few other things.

Last thing I see before it boots me to the menu.

Chubby

Spookier than dirt!
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
I had this issue a few months ago and I tried typing net_maxroutable 1260 into console and then joined the server. You might have to restart your game afterwards but it worked for me. There's some reddit or facepunch page that explains how it works pretty sure but if that doesn't work I have no clue.

Bokser

Well-Known
Chubby’s solution seems legit. Though it may be an issue with loading add ons it’s easy to find out if it is. You will want to go into options and turn off automatic server add on loading and then try to join the server. If you are able to get past that screen then it’s the add ons.

Options>Other>Change allow all custom files from server to allow only map files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)