• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Damage System Poll

Do you think the damage system should be changed?

• Yes (With tweaks to how damage works)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Yes (With tweaks to weapons themselves)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Neutral (Some aspects work, some don't [Comment below])

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
I just want to make a quick poll.

I've noticed some users and staff members recently not liking the new damage system. I just want to grab a quick sample of those who think it's fine the way it is, and those who want it to be changed.

In my personal opinion, and with having the new damage system for a bit of time, I'd have to say I prefer the older system before this one.

I just want to get a good look at what the members of the community think. Comments appreciated, votes encouraged.

Kelta

Super Admin
Staff member
Super Admin
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
What's your reasoning for the older damage system being better? If you don't mind me asking

Jingle

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
DVL
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
New damage system is far superior. I don't the community dwindling back into a Heavy meta.

Pillhook

Sector Admin
Staff member
Sector Admin
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
I cant recall anyone complaining about gun damage, only explosive.

Chubby

No better than dirt.
I personally want 682 and 939 to hit a little harder but other than that I think it’s good that AUs and Heavies can’t just tank like 5 rounds from an m249 anymore.

JAMI3-AX0R0

Expert Tier
CI Heavies can be one shotted and explosive damage ranges to people in other corridors (If an RPG is shot at HCZ sandbags), and most guns like the SR and FAL can melt you in a few shots regardless of armour (except the SR can one shot you now), however AUs and heavies are no longer impossible to kill since jug armour was super op before it was updated so I'd say keep the update.

Keith

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
explosive damage is a ***** to deal with but guns themselves are fine. **** M82's though.

McIntyre

Kek Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
The new damage system is great. Although the only issue is that it made AU’s essentially useless due to them being a slow moving target.

Keith

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
Explosive damage and dying to quick for my liking in the new system.
Do you want the old system instead of simply changing the current system to be slightly less powerful? The old one was ****ing *** imo, more armor=win.

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
Do you want the old system instead of simply changing the current system to be slightly less powerful? The old one was ****ing *** imo, more armor=win.
To be fair both systems do have their problems. Though I won't want to go back to the older system, I'd rather just have a damage system be less powerful.

Keith

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
To be fair both systems do have their problems. Though I won't want to go back to the older system, I'd rather just have a damage system be less powerful.
what if explosive damage was the only thing nerfed? or do you also hate the guns themselves

Justaperson

Banned
Banned
I'd rather have a damage system to like 1.5x instead of 2 or something. BUT it should stay 2x for people WITHOUT armor. And 682 is already getting a buff but the suggestion for his buff was accepted like 4 months ago and still nothing.
Armor is like nothing and that is not realistic. There's a reason why bullet proof vests are called bullet proof. They are not fully bulletproof but are very resistant.

A standard heavy police bullet proof vest can stop AR-15 bullets.
Yet, a multi billion dollar foundation full of smart people can't make up an armor that is strong enough to stop bullets. AR-15 just demolishes all armor, no matter what.

Supernatural SCP-914 armor completely gets killed by AR-15.

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
what if explosive damage was the only thing nerfed? or do you also hate the guns themselves
Some guns are still ridiculously powerful, and obviously I'm talking about the PKM being a one shot to near death on pretty much everyone in the foundation. I would like explosive damage nerfed in and of itself, but I'm concerned about the guns that are basically "one shot you're done for 30 minutes" and the fact that when you're trying to check IDs, the D-class only has to aim at your head and click once to kill you before you have a chance to react.

I'd rather have a damage system to like 1.5x instead of 2 or something. BUT it should stay 2x for people WITHOUT armor. And 682 is already getting a buff but the suggestion for his buff was accepted like 4 months ago and still nothing.
Armor is like nothing and that is not realistic. There's a reason why bullet proof vests are called bullet proof. They are not fully bulletproof but are very resistant.

A standard heavy police bullet proof vest can stop AR-15 bullets.
Yet, a multi billion dollar foundation full of smart people can't make up an armor that is strong enough to stop bullets. AR-15 just demolishes all armor, no matter what.

Supernatural SCP-914 armor completely gets killed by AR-15.
Reinforced Juggernaut armor prevents most damage until a certain threshold...Even if it's from 914 that doesn't mean it's indestructible.

Commie

Expert Tier
I just want to make a quick poll.

I've noticed some users and staff members recently not liking the new damage system. I just want to grab a quick sample of those who think it's fine the way it is, and those who want it to be changed.

In my personal opinion, and with having the new damage system for a bit of time, I'd have to say I prefer the older system before this one.

I just want to get a good look at what the members of the community think. Comments appreciated, votes encouraged.
I kind of just feel the old damage system was better. Then, you couldn't just randomly one tap people, and firing into a crowd seemed like a bad idea.

Chubby

No better than dirt.
I also like how 914 D-Class and Able aren’t extremely hard to deal with anymore... that’s a welcome change.

Justaperson

Banned
Banned
Some guns are still ridiculously powerful, and obviously I'm talking about the PKM being a one shot to near death on pretty much everyone in the foundation. I would like explosive damage nerfed in and of itself, but I'm concerned about the guns that are basically "one shot you're done for 30 minutes" and the fact that when you're trying to check IDs, the D-class only has to aim at your head and click once to kill you before you have a chance to react.

Reinforced Juggernaut armor prevents most damage until a certain threshold...Even if it's from 914 that doesn't mean it's indestructible.
It only blocks like 2 hits. It also does not mean that standard heavy police vest is about 30 times stronger than a supernatural "heavy super hard" armor which is so unrealistic and ruins muh immersuhion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)