• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Email to Medical

Morgan Harper

Tweedledee
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
To: <foundation@area-xyz.medical>
CC: <foundation@management.evan> Security Chief Evan <foundation@medical.dubois> Medical Supervisor Dubois <foundation@management.grey> Area Director Grey

Subject: Usage of Fentanyl and other Opioids
Hello Medical,
It has come to my attention that the use of Fetynal and other opioids even when not needed for the proper treatment of the patient. So, in order to avoid addiction or other bad side effects of the usage of drugs, I'm suggesting putting two rules in place.

1. You are only to use Fetynal in an extreme scenario when in battle.
2. You are to only use opioids such as hydrocodone when the patient is in extreme pain.

This will hopefully help us avoid consequences of opioids. I've seen them be used too much, even when they're not needed to be used. If you do not follow these new rules, serious punishment may occur. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Manager Walker

// @Power @O'Connor @Illium @Precious @ArranC @Jeremy @Grim @Harris Press @otherpeopleiforgot

Power

Ultra Tier
Retired Staff
I am glad to see action is already being taken regarding this issue, the abuse and over use of opioids, or any drug for that matter is a very serious matter, hopefully we'll see some positive changes soon.
-Dr. Dubois, MD.

O'Connor

God Tier
Retired Staff
ULTRA MEGA USER
To: <foundation@area-xyz.medical>
CC: <foundation@management.evan> Security Chief Evan <foundation@medical.dubois> Medical Supervisor Dubois

Subject: Usage of Fetynal and other Opioids
Hello Medical,
It has come to my attention that the use of Fetynal and other opioids even when not needed for the proper treatment of the patient. So, in order to avoid addiction or other bad side effects of the usage of drugs, I'm putting two rules in place.

1. You are only to use Fetynal in an extreme scenario when in battle.
2. You are to only use opioids such as hydrocodone when the patient is in extreme pain. (//Heavily wounded and below.)

This will hopefully help us avoid consequences of opioids. I've seen them be used too much, even when they're not needed to be used. If you do not follow these new rules, serious punishment may occur. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Manager Walker

// @Power @O'Connor @Illium @Precious @ArranC @Jeremy @Grim @Harris Press @otherpeopleiforgot
To: <foundation@management.walker>
Subject: Re: Usage of Fetynal and other Opioids

Manager Walker,

I think you may be operating under some misconceptions that we can clear up:

1.) Fentanyl* is authorized for use only by MRU+ and only in a raid or immediate combat situation. It is chosen over other immediate pain relief medications because it allows the person who takes it to continue to fight immediately after treatment. It is not a normally prescribed thing.

2.) If you've seen any of the medical staff over-prescribing opioids you should have told me about it immediately.

3.) The first rule doesn't make any sense: battle is by definition an extreme scenario in and of it self. If someone has a golf-ball-sized hole in their leg I defy to you to tell me it doesn't qualify as an extreme scenario.

4.) The second rule was already a rule. Opioids are only for patients in extreme pain as a rule anyway.

5.) Hydrocodone is an extended-release analgesic for around-the-clock pain management, and shouldn't be used as an as-needed analgesic. It's less weather the patient is in extreme pain right now, it's weather they will be in 6 hours, which is for the licensed medical professionals to discern. (//heavily wounded or below doesn't make sense in RP)

With all due respect, if anyone has given someone at area-XYZ fentanyl or other opioids when it was not "needed for the proper treatment of the patient" their career here should be under strict judicial review. That said, if you believe the trained foundation personnel are not treating their patients properly, that is an issue you should have taken up with me before sending an email to the entire branch. I understand you're new to management, but let me make something abundantly clear: this was out of line.

Please come to me if you have any questions about anything we do in MedBranch, and if you have any input, in future, please go through me, not around me.

Thanks,
-Ethan O'Connor

Last edited:

Morgan Harper

Tweedledee
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
To: <foundation@management.walker>
Subject: Re: Usage of Fetynal and other Opioids

Manager Walker,

While I appreciate your excitement to make changes in a branch, this is something that should have been at least run by me first. I'd like to address some misconceptions you appear to have:

1.) Fentanyl* is authorized for use only by MRU+ and only in a raid or immediate combat situation. It is chosen over other immediate pain relief medications because it allows the person who takes it to continue to fight immediately after treatment. It is not a normally prescribed thing.

2.) If you've seen any of the medical staff over-prescribing opioids you should have told me about it immediately.

3.) The first rule you "put in place" doesn't make any sense: battle is by definition an extreme scenario in and of it self. If someone has a golf-ball-sized hole in their leg I defy to you to tell me it doesn't qualify as an extreme scenario.

4.) The second rule you "put in place" was already a rule. Opioids are only for patients in extreme pain as a rule anyway.

5.) This may be entirely semantic, but "Fetynal" is not a medication we have ever had at area-XYZ and in my years of experience, I have never heard of it before.

6.) Hydrocodone is an extended-release analgesic for around-the-clock pain management, and shouldn't be used as an as-needed analgesic. It's less weather the patient is in extreme pain right now, it's weather they will be in 6 hours, which is for the licensed medical professionals to discern. (//heavily wounded or below doesn't make sense in RP)

With all due respect, if anyone has given someone at area-XYZ fentanyl or other opioids when it was not "needed for the proper treatment of the patient" their career here should be under strict judicial review. That said, if you believe the trained foundation personnel are not treating their patients properly, that is an issue you should have taken up with me before sending an email to the entire branch. I understand you're new to management, but let me make something abundantly clear: this was way out of line, and absolutely not a part of your job as manager.

Please come to me if you have any questions about anything we do in MedBranch, and if you have any input, in future, please go through me, not around me.

Thanks,
-Ethan O'Connor
I understand and will take note of this, and it's okay if you do not want to implement my suggestion of rules as you know more about practicing medicine than I do.

But just please tell your medical staff that they shouldn't use things like fentanyl or painkillers for very minor injuries as I have seen it in the past. They have stopped now after we've talked with them but it would be helpful if they continued not to use it for when someone has a minor scratch or something along those lines.

- Walker

O'Connor

God Tier
Retired Staff
ULTRA MEGA USER
I understand and will take note of this, and it's okay if you do not want to implement my suggestion of rules as you know more about practicing medicine than I do.

But just please tell your medical staff that they shouldn't use things like fentanyl or painkillers for very minor injuries as I have seen it in the past. They have stopped now after we've talked with them but it would be helpful if they continued not to use it for when someone has a minor scratch or something along those lines.

- Walker
Please give me the name of any medical personel you have seen prescribe fentanyl or another opioid for a minor injury or scratch, and I will ensure that they are given a very stern talking to at a minimum.

-O'Connor

Morgan Harper

Tweedledee
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
Please give me the name of any medical personel you have seen prescribe fentanyl or another opioid for a minor injury or scratch, and I will enjure that they are given a very stern talking to at a minimum.

-O'Connor
From now on, will do.

I'm also apologize if it feels like I'm power hungry or micro-managing your branch, I'm simply trying to help prevent addictions.

- Walker

Power

Ultra Tier
Retired Staff
Please give me the name of any medical personel you have seen prescribe fentanyl or another opioid for a minor injury or scratch, and I will ensure that they are given a very stern talking to at a minimum.

-O'Connor
On my very first hour of being on area I saw a few FMOS that I didn't catch the name of, as well as a medical lieutenant using fentanyl unnecessarily, it was quite a shocking and large scale problem. I have already given them all very stern talkings to (Atleast the ones I personally saw), I know for a fact the lieutenant will not make the same mistake, he was quite eager to learn what I had to teach. To me it seems it comes down to a lot of them being misinformed , maybe somebody didn't train them correctly regarding the administration of medicines? It seemed most of the medical staff were genuinely confused when I said they shouldn't be using fentanyl. Whatever the case, atleast this issue is being brought up, I hope it will be resolved quickly.
-Dr. Dubois, MD.

O'Connor

God Tier
Retired Staff
ULTRA MEGA USER
From now on, will do.

I'm also apologize if it feels like I'm power hungry or micro-managing your branch, I'm simply trying to help prevent addictions.

- Walker
I understand, sorry if my initial e-mail came off as snarky, I'm defensive of my branch and what we do here, and I want to make sure our actions are taken in a fair light, and through an appropriate lens. We, to my knowledge, use opioids sparingly, and for good reason: they are powerful substances that are not to be trifled with. I don't think you're power hungry or trying to micro-manage, I think you saw a problem and jumped on a solution. I'm not trying to tear you down, and I'm sorry if that's how my first E-Mail came across, I'm just trying to channel your efforts down a more productive route. At the end of the day we both want the same thing: what's best for medical, and the prosperity of the foundation as a whole.

-O'Connor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)