• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Forums

Nic

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Board of Directors
DVL
Our new advertisers are going to give up a list of what can and cannot be said this Friday. Until then a ton of random stuff is staying censored. Stop posting stupid stuff or you'll be banned until Saturday.

Calvin

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
Honestly, with as much inconvenience coming from ads as well as censoring, I'd be willing to dish out a little bit of money each month to keep us from having to have ads and censors.

How much profit are we projecting from these ads per month? If you don't want to say I mean that's completely fine, I'm just wondering how I can help so we don't have to suppress swear words in a mature community.

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
Honestly, with as much inconvenience coming from ads as well as censoring, I'd be willing to dish out a little bit of money each month to keep us from having to have ads and censors.

How much profit are we projecting from these ads per month? If you don't want to say I mean that's completely fine, I'm just wondering how I can help so we don't have to suppress swear words in a mature community.
Glados should have his CPM by now, you could poke or talk to him on TS.

Also I agree with this lack of censoring for pay. And also it shouldn't censor words like "bypass" or half of "document' if it is possible to make it as such.

Dunken

Well-Known
@Nic @GlaDos2199

Have you considered opening a patreon account? I would be cool with signing up on patreon and paying monthly.

I’m sure a lot of people would too, and you could even set goals with new features or something depending on the amount pledges.

I think the forum ads are fine too though, and the censorship doesn’t worry me too much.

I would imagine any racist or homophobic content would not be acceptable... but then again I don’t think it should be regardless.

Anyway, if you all open a patreon for this server i would for sure sign up.

It’s a much more sustainable way of steady payments rather than relying on new people donating ingame for things.

Last edited:

Calvin

Expert Tier
Retired Staff
Also yea, I ran into those ads here as well. Not that they bother me or anyone else in this community.
You can speak for yourself there, but I don't really appreciate having NSFW ads on my screen casually, and I know a bunch others don't either.
@Nic @GlaDos2199

Have you considered opening a patreon account? I would be cool with signing up on patreon and paying monthly.

I’m sure a lot of people would too, and you could even set goals with new features or something depending on the amount pledges.

I think the forum ads are fine too though, and the censorship doesn’t worry me too much.

I would imagine any racist or homophobic content would not be acceptable... but then again I don’t think it should be regardless.

Anyway, if you all open a patreon for this server i would for sure sign up.

It’s a much more sustainable way of steady payments rather than relying on new people donating ingame for things.
You guys could honestly just make a new donation tier that is monthly and I'm sure several people would be okay with paying for it. Concordia has a certain culture where people can say what they want, no matter how abrasively, unless it's flame. That culture has made it super comfortable to play in and socialize in. Censoring it just makes it duller to communicate and I'm more than positive that more people than just me and Dunken would be willing to chip in enough to replace the ads.

Dunken

Well-Known
Patreon is a way for content creators to be payed by the community around them. For example, twitch streamers use it so people pay them money every month.

Artists use it so that people can fund their art projects.

Its a way that a community can all come together, pay a small amount of money each month to support the content creators that we benefit from.

Zee

'Welcome to the Community' Guy
ULTRA MEGA USER
I just clicked on an add accidentally and it immediately took over my screen and began downloading a ****-ton of files.

Literally got ransomeware'd.
Critical alert from microsoft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)