• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Project Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
<This File is Classified to Research and Level 4 Security Personnel>
<Pending Authentication...>
<Welcome, User>

SCP Foundation Research Division - Research & Development Projects
Project Darkness

Lead: N/A

===============================================

THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROJECT IS TO FIND BETTER WAYS OF RECONTAINING AND CONTAINING SCP-106

BY JOINING PROJECT DARKNESS YOU MUST STILL ABIDE BY THE TESTING REQUIREMENTS.

ONCE THE PROJECT ENDS, YOU ARE TO POST ALL TEST RESULTS INTO ONE LOG, AND SHOW THE PROGRESS MADE

A STRIKE SYSTEM WILL BE IN PLACE
IF YOU ARE NOT FOUND TESTING WITHIN 3 DAYS, YOU WILL BE PLACED ON PROBATION FOR THE CONSECUTIVE THREE DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT TEST WITHIN THAT TIME, YOU WILL BE REMOVED

Project Darkness Team Roster:
N/A

Signed,
Dr. Checks

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Davis

Active
Good day sir, this is Dr. Rheingold and I have a idea to propose. Within SCP-106's documentation it is noted that one of the containment measures is
"Secondary containment is to be fitted with light systems, capable of flooding the entire assembly with no less than 80,000 lumens of light instantly with no direct human involvement."

This is to help prevent the breach of SCP-106 by overpowering him with a large amount of light all at once to deter him, and hopefully get him back into his containment cell.

With this in mind I would like to propose a possible containment method that would be both easy to use and portable for SID, MTF and other divisions to use with ease.

Doing some basic research I have found that we can create a carry-able flashlight capable of producing 108,000 lumens of light, with 12 x 100w COB LEDs. This number can even be increased further by adding more to the device.

I believe the engineering department should have no issues developing a possible prototype with your permission sir.

I truly believe that with enough time, research and patience we could develop a carry-able flashlight possible of assisting in re-containing SCP-106.

Thank you for your time sir and I hope to discuss this with you more in person.

Signed, Dr. Rheingold

Harris Press

Turbo Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
Good day sir, this is Dr. Rheingold and I have a idea to propose. Within SCP-106's documentation it is noted that one of the containment measures is
"Secondary containment is to be fitted with light systems, capable of flooding the entire assembly with no less than 80,000 lumens of light instantly with no direct human involvement."

This is to help prevent the breach of SCP-106 by overpowering him with a large amount of light all at once to deter him, and hopefully get him back into his containment cell.

With this in mind I would like to propose a possible containment method that would be both easy to use and portable for SID, MTF and other divisions to use with ease.

Doing some basic research I have found that we can create a carry-able flashlight capable of producing 108,000 lumens of light, with 12 x 100w COB LEDs. This number can even be increased further by adding more to the device.

I believe the engineering department should have no issues developing a possible prototype with your permission sir.

I truly believe that with enough time, research and patience we could develop a carry-able flashlight possible of assisting in re-containing SCP-106.

Signed, Dr. Rheingold
I believe that this could be a very valuable test for the foundation as it could help prevent the total amount of casualties that we take when 106 breaches, I do however have a question on how you are going to cool it down after use as that amount of energy from the bulbs would cause a lot of heat to be transferred to the device. Other than that I believe that this is a test that should seriously be considered for the project.
-Research Supervisor Tree

Andrew Davis

Active
We could add a heat-sink option or even use water-cooling as a possible method for cooling. I would have to do more research as this isn't my area of expertise, I'm sure the engineering team would also have some ideas.

Hence making a prototype could help fix any problems such as this and anymore that could appear during development

Dr. Rheingold

Harris Press

Turbo Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
We could add a heat-sink option or even use water-cooling as a possible method for cooling. I would have to do more research as this isn't my area of expertise, I'm sure the engineering team would also have some ideas.

Hence making a prototype could help fix any problems such as this and anymore that could appear during development
Alright, that clears up all of my concerns, I just want to say however that you need to make sure that the prototype works before using it on 106.
-Research Supervisor Tree

Jingle

God Tier
Retired Staff
ULTRA MEGA USER
// amateur rheingold. You fools deleted all of the other workings from the first team.

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team

Signed, Dr. Rheingold
Rather interesting. I'm fine with this. Contact me once you're finished building the prototype.
-Checks

Gressmann

Turbo Tier
“106 is deterred by light, yes? And because of this, it doesn’t go onto the surface during day if it breaches... so why don’t we just get better bulbs and make the ambient light in the facility comparable to daylight? That’s a good start, I’d think, yes...”

- Dr. Park

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
“106 is deterred by light, yes? And because of this, it doesn’t go onto the surface during day if it breaches... so why don’t we just get better bulbs and make the ambient light in the facility comparable to daylight? That’s a good start, I’d think, yes...”

- Dr. Park
Maybe, but I don't wanna wear sunglasses, even if I do look cool in them.
-Checks

Andrew Davis

Active

- Dr. Park
The lumens required are very high though and would most likely cause terrible strain on everyone's eyes and possibly ruin them if implemented throughout the facility.
-Dr. Rheingold

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
"I'd rather wear sunglasses than have 106 take me, and.... do things with my precious body, yes..."

- Dr. Park
Besides that, hand-held lights will be used first, if that doesn't work...then well try something like that.

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
- Rheingold made Project Lead
- Franklin added to roster

Zeener

God Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
"Dr.Franklin I want a status report of your recent thought and contributions to this project by Friday. Also Dr.Checks I want you to add another staff member to this project by Friday under the same terms as my request from the 096 project."
-Manager Zeener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)