• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Project Decrypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
<This File is Classified to Research and Level 4 Personnel>
<Pending Authentication...>
<Welcome, User>

SCP Foundation Research Division - Research & Development Projects
Project Decrypt
Lead: Dr. Weber
===============================================
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROJECT IS TO TRANSLATE SCP-049's JOURNALS.

BY JOINING PROJECT DECRYPT YOU MUST STILL ABIDE BY THE TESTING REQUIREMENTS.
ONCE THE PROJECT ENDS, YOU ARE TO POST ALL TEST RESULTS INTO ONE LOG, AND SHOW THE PROGRESS MADE.
A STRIKE SYSTEM WILL BE IN PLACE.
IF YOU ARE NOT FOUND TESTING WITHIN 3 DAYS, YOU WILL BE PLACED ON PROBATION FOR THE CONSECUTIVE THREE DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT TEST WITHIN THAT TIME, YOU WILL BE REMOVED
Project Distress Team Roster:
Dr. Weber | Head Researcher

Signed,

Dr. Checks

Last edited by a moderator:

Youxlovexme

Active
<DOCUMENT IS LEVEL Project Decrpyt Researchers and level 4 Security>
<VALIDATING CLEARANCE...>
<CLEARANCE VALIDATED.>

AREA-XYZ RESEARCH LOG

Items and materials involved:
SCP 035 Cleaning Gear
Glass bucket for containing Acid

A glass vial of Acid
A glass vial of Black water
A glass vial of SCP 049's Black Substance

Personnel involved:
Dr. Izcrizky

SID BCU Allen
SID BCU Cooks
SID MRU Doyle
SID Heavy Pullo
SID Recruit Jimmy
Quartermaster Voglans
Quartermaster Guard Hernandez
Quartermaster Guard Sherman

SCPs involved:
SCP 035
SCP 049

Purpose:
To look deeper into the relationship between SCP 035 and SCP 049 as well as to determine if SCP 035's acid has any relation to SCP 049's black substance used in his surgery, also to help translate SCP 049's journals.

Hypothesis:

It is theorized that SCP 035's acid is at least partially involved with SCP 035's surgery as noted as his "Black Substance". It is also theorized that perhaps SCP 035 and SCP 049 have some history together or a previously unknown telepathic connection. Finally it is theorized that the writing that will occur in SCP 035's CC is the same language as SCP 049's journals.

Procedures:

First and foremost Dr. Izcrizky Dr. Checks and the aforementioned SID would conduct a standard SCP 035 cleaning though with some of the left over acid they stored it inside of a glass vial alongside a vial of black water and SCP 049's Black Substance (From here on out referred to as medicine) The SCP 035 part of the testing was not very extensive and truly was not as important as the SCP 049 part of the testing. The SCP 049 portion of the test began with Dr. Izcrizky introducing SCP 049 to the three vials and near immediately SCP 049 pointed to their own saying "I can always recognize my medicine, my invention" which was later clarified to be because they take ingredients from wherever they get them and mixes it to make their medicine.
Next SCP 049 correctly identifies the acid though they could not identify the source. When told it was from SCP 035 SCP 049 asked what the effects were, for the purpose of testing Dr. Izcrizky told them the effects and is currently letting SCP 049 analyze 5ml of SCP 035's acid for future research.
Finally for the meat of this test, SCP 049 agreed after some persuading to let Dr. Izcrizky examine his "private collection" of notes which are stored "wherever it fits" inside of his skin. First when asked where they received the notebook SCP 049 said they bought it from a "merchant" where they came from, where their native language is from. It is now confirmed SCP 049 came from...somewhere else though they aren't sure if there are more like them there or where there is as they have forgotten. Before talking about their journals they mention that The Pestilence is an anomaly, one that cannot be contained without help. Perhaps looking more into The Pestilence rather than SCP 049 is in order. It is also confirmed that The Pestilence did not come from their native land, "The Pestilence is everywhere, I cannot chase it I simply came here to expand my knowledge." SCP 049's journal was well kept and had a very neat penmanship to it, inside the writing was confusing, hard to understand, almost as if the language was meant to be that way, or perhaps Dr. Izcrizky is not a good linguist. The language in it most seemingly has a French feel to it the words within seem to be rooted in French or French was possibly rooted in it, or who's to say SCP 049 is not from an alternate reality of France. Either way currently as expected it is unreadable.

Results/Observations:
The testing with both subjects went...considerably well, there was minimal losses at SCP 035 and none at SCP 049, the hypothesis was proven wrong however, this just means a great discovery was made. SCP 035 and SCP 049 have no apparent telepathic communication and are perhaps not as linked as previously thought however the writing still proves to be similar, further investigation is required. It was observed that SCP 049 is willing to share their discoveries willingly however one must act almost submissive when doing such. It is also observed that SCP 049 seems quite interested in testing on SCP 035's acid once again it was ensured that the amount given was small enough to pose no security risks.

It is noted the passage below is TO NOT BE DISCUSSED publicly as the reaction SCP 049 will have if this gets out is unpredictable and may terminate any chance of success. Below is a direct passage from SCP 049's journal in the native tongue and an English translation. DO NOT LET THIS SPREAD.
Native tongue: Reirtuh: pitu me joure' reacon erto

English: Chapter 17: Human Anatomy and reaction to medicine

Analysis:

It is analyzed that SCP 049 will certainly be able to help us in the translation of his notes however it will be a tricky path to go down as to not let them think we are stealing their secrets as if that happens results are unpredictable. It is advised to not try to take the journals outside of their CC as results may vary. Please, use SCP 049 to help us in this translation, do not go against them in this.

Conclusion:

Losses: Two SID BCU's in the containment of SCP 035
Gains: Knowledge on the connection between SCP 035 and SCP 049, access to SCP 049's Journals.
Sustains: Be submissive to SCP 049, Keep quiet when testing unless a direct researcher, safety precautions
Improves: Less containment breaches (if possible), tighter security in the foundation during a cross keter test.

Additional Notes:

-SCP 049 refused adamantly to touching SCP 035's acid
-SCP 049 does not seem too protective of his Journals
-It requires a bit of...flattery (brown nosing) in order to persuade 049
-SCP 049's medicine (Black Substance) is neutral on a PH Scale
-SCP 049's journals are non anomalous
-The Pestilence is an anomaly though SCP 049 has other theories
-SCP 049 came to this reality to "Expand his knowledge"

Signed, Dr. Izcrizky

Last edited:

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
<DOCUMENT IS LEVEL 4>
<CLEARANCE VALIDATED.>

AREA-XYZ RESEARCH LOG

SCP 035 Cleaning Gear
Glass bucket for containing Acid

A glass vial of Acid
A glass vial of Black water
A glass vial of SCP 049's Black Substance

Personnel involved:
Dr. Izcrizky

SID BCU Allen
SID BCU Cooks
SID MRU Doyle
SID Heavy Pullo
SID Recruit Jimmy
Quartermaster Voglans
Quartermaster Guard Hernandez
Quartermaster Guard Sherman

SCPs involved:
SCP 035
SCP 049

Purpose:
To look deeper into the relationship between SCP 035 and SCP 049 as well as to determine if SCP 035's acid has any relation to SCP 049's black substance used in his surgery, also to help translate SCP 049's journals.

Hypothesis:

It is theorized that SCP 035's acid is at least partially involved with SCP 035's surgery as noted as his "Black Substance". It is also theorized that perhaps SCP 035 and SCP 049 have some history together or a previously unknown telepathic connection. Finally it is theorized that the writing that will occur in SCP 035's CC is the same language as SCP 049's journals.

Procedures:

First and foremost Dr. Izcrizky Dr. Checks and the aforementioned SID would conduct a standard SCP 035 cleaning though with some of the left over acid they stored it inside of a glass vial alongside a vial of black water and SCP 049's Black Substance (From here on out referred to as medicine) The SCP 035 part of the testing was not very extensive and truly was not as important as the SCP 049 part of the testing. The SCP 049 portion of the test began with Dr. Izcrizky introducing SCP 049 to the three vials and near immediately SCP 049 pointed to their own saying "I can always recognize my medicine, my invention" which was later clarified to be because they take ingredients from wherever they get them and mixes it to make their medicine.
Next SCP 049 correctly identifies the acid though they could not identify the source. When told it was from SCP 035 SCP 049 asked what the effects were, for the purpose of testing Dr. Izcrizky told them the effects and is currently letting SCP 049 analyze 5ml of SCP 035's acid for future research.
Finally for the meat of this test, SCP 049 agreed after some persuading to let Dr. Izcrizky examine his "private collection" of notes which are stored "wherever it fits" inside of his skin. First when asked where they received the notebook SCP 049 said they bought it from a "merchant" where they came from, where their native language is from. It is now confirmed SCP 049 came from...somewhere else though they aren't sure if there are more like them there or where there is as they have forgotten. Before talking about their journals they mention that The Pestilence is an anomaly, one that cannot be contained without help. Perhaps looking more into The Pestilence rather than SCP 049 is in order. It is also confirmed that The Pestilence did not come from their native land, "The Pestilence is everywhere, I cannot chase it I simply came here to expand my knowledge." SCP 049's journal was well kept and had a very neat penmanship to it, inside the writing was confusing, hard to understand, almost as if the language was meant to be that way, or perhaps Dr. Izcrizky is not a good linguist. The language in it most seemingly has a French feel to it the words within seem to be rooted in French or French was possibly rooted in it, or who's to say SCP 049 is not from an alternate reality of France. Either way currently as expected it is unreadable.

Results/Observations:
The testing with both subjects went...considerably well, there was minimal losses at SCP 035 and none at SCP 049, the hypothesis was proven wrong however, this just means a great discovery was made. SCP 035 and SCP 049 have no apparent telepathic communication and are perhaps not as linked as previously thought however the writing still proves to be similar, further investigation is required. It was observed that SCP 049 is willing to share their discoveries willingly however one must act almost submissive when doing such. It is also observed that SCP 049 seems quite interested in testing on SCP 035's acid once again it was ensured that the amount given was small enough to pose no security risks.

It is noted the passage below is TO NOT BE DISCUSSED publicly as the reaction SCP 049 will have if this gets out is unpredictable and may terminate any chance of success. Below is a direct passage from SCP 049's journal in the native tongue and an English translation. DO NOT LET THIS SPREAD.
Native tongue: Reirtuh: pitu me joure' reacon erto

English: Chapter 17: Human Anatomy and reaction to medicine

Analysis:

It is analyzed that SCP 049 will certainly be able to help us in the translation of his notes however it will be a tricky path to go down as to not let them think we are stealing their secrets as if that happens results are unpredictable. It is advised to not try to take the journals outside of their CC as results may vary. Please, use SCP 049 to help us in this translation, do not go against them in this.

Conclusion:

Losses: Two SID BCU's in the containment of SCP 035
Gains: Knowledge on the connection between SCP 035 and SCP 049, access to SCP 049's Journals.
Sustains: Be submissive to SCP 049, Keep quiet when testing unless a direct researcher, safety precautions
Improves: Less containment breaches (if possible), tighter security in the foundation during a cross keter test.

Additional Notes:

-SCP 049 refused adamantly to touching SCP 035's acid
-SCP 049 does not seem too protective of his Journals
-It requires a bit of...flattery (brown nosing) in order to persuade 049
-SCP 049's medicine (Black Substance) is neutral on a PH Scale
-SCP 049's journals are non anomalous
-The Pestilence is an anomaly though SCP 049 has other theories
-SCP 049 came to this reality to "Expand his knowledge"

Signed, Dr. Izcrizky
*DR. IZCRIZKY HAS BEEN GRANTED ACCESS TO VIEW THIS LOG.*

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
<DOCUMENT IS LEVEL 4>
<CLEARANCE VALIDATED.>

AREA-XYZ INTERVIEW LOG

A piece of text from SCP-049 journal

Personnel involved:
SSO Kraine

SCPs involved:
SCP-662
SCP-662-1

Purpose:
To see if SCP-662-1 would be able to translate the journal
Hypothesis:
My hypothesis is SCP-662-1 would be able to translate any language if requested. This includes SCP-049s journal
Procedures:
I arrive to SCP-662 CC and ring SCP-662. SCP-662-1 and I commence the interview.
Audio Log:
<Begin log>

Dr. Coiro : I need to ask you a few questions.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : Okay.
Dr. Coiro : What languages can you read?
SCP-662-1 (manky) : All of them.
Dr. Coiro : Okay, so if I asked you to read SCP-049s journals, would you be able to?
SCP-662-1 (manky) : I don't know, possibly.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : What language is it.
Dr. Coiro : I don't know. I am able to give you a piece of text however.

* Dr. Coiro takes out a piece of paper and hands it to him.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : It says Chapter 17: Human Anatomy and reaction to medicine.
Dr. Coiro : Good, good. Hand me the paper back please.
Dr. Coiro : I may need you again for further translation. For now, you are dismissed. Oh and do not speak about this to anyone.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : Ofcourse, ma'am.

<End log>
Analysis:

SCP-662-1 is able to read and translate any language, which includes SCP-049s journal as shown in the audio log. SCP-662-1 was able to translate a piece of SCP-049s text.

Conclusion:
We can definitely use SCP-662-1 to translate SCP-049s journal.

Additional Notes:
For interaction with SCP-662-1 and SCP-049, there will be minimal risk as this will be with a safe and euclid SCP.
Permission for a cross-test between SCP-662 and SCP-049 [PENDING]
*DR. COIRO HAS BEEN GRANTED ACCESS TO VIEW THIS LOG*
What's your plan with the 662/049 cross-test?

- Checks

Youxlovexme

Active
<DOCUMENT IS LEVEL 4>
<CLEARANCE VALIDATED.>

AREA-XYZ INTERVIEW LOG

A piece of text from SCP-049 journal

Personnel involved:
SSO Kraine

SCPs involved:
SCP-662
SCP-662-1

Purpose:
To see if SCP-662-1 would be able to translate the journal
Hypothesis:
My hypothesis is SCP-662-1 would be able to translate any language if requested. This includes SCP-049s journal
Procedures:
I arrive to SCP-662 CC and ring SCP-662. SCP-662-1 and I commence the interview.
Audio Log:
<Begin log>

Dr. Coiro : I need to ask you a few questions.
Dr. Coiro : What languages can you read?
SCP-662-1 (manky) : All of them.
Dr. Coiro : Okay, so if I asked you to read SCP-049s journals, would you be able to?
SCP-662-1 (manky) : I don't know, possibly.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : What language is it.
Dr. Coiro : I don't know. I am able to give you a piece of text however.

* Dr. Coiro takes out a piece of paper and hands it to him.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : It says Chapter 17: Human Anatomy and reaction to medicine.
Dr. Coiro : Good, good. Hand me the paper back please.
Dr. Coiro : I may need you again for further translation. For now, you are dismissed. Oh and do not speak about this to anyone.
SCP-662-1 (manky) : Ofcourse, ma'am.

<End log>
Analysis:

SCP-662-1 is able to read and translate any language, which includes SCP-049s journal as shown in the audio log. SCP-662-1 was able to translate a piece of SCP-049s text.

Conclusion:
We can definitely use SCP-662-1 to translate SCP-049s journal.

Additional Notes:
For interaction with SCP-662-1 and SCP-049, there will be minimal risk as this will be with a safe and euclid SCP.
Permission for a cross-test between SCP-662 and SCP-049 [PENDING]
(Was this RP modded? Good thinking and work either way just wanting to check.)

PoH 2

Forum Rookie
*DR. COIRO HAS BEEN GRANTED ACCESS TO VIEW THIS LOG*
What's your plan with the 662/049 cross-test?

- Checks
So 662-1 can read the journals and translate for us. Unless it is okay to remove the journals from the containment chamber and bring them over to SCP-662s CC.

- Coiro

(Was this RP modded? Good thinking and work either way just wanting to check.)
//It was not

EDIT: Oh and the journals are an IC item right? Like I can't actually read the book? Just wanted to check

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
So 662-1 can read the journals and translate for us. Unless it is okay to remove the journals from the containment chamber and bring them over to SCP-662s CC.

- Coiro

//It was not
//Yikes, then this test will be voided because it could be misleading Get an RP Mod then do it, though you could probably ask one if this is valid.

Youxlovexme

Active

- Coiro

//It was not

EDIT: Oh and the journals are an IC item right? Like I can't actually read the book? Just wanted to check
//Apologies for the inconvienience but this test has heavy implications in server lore as the journals are directly mentioned on the official wiki and how this plays out needs to be modded, thank you for your time to work on this project with me but I want every test on it to be modded to certify credibility. No the journals are not an IC just yet, I have future plans for that however. Try again with an RP mod, see the results you get, and dig deeper. My suspicions are that 662 will not be able to read them as SCP 049's native tongue is from an alternate reality or anomalous universe. However, don't let that discourage you if that is the case, difficulty proves capability.

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
//Apologies for the inconvienience but this test has heavy implications in server lore as the journals are directly mentioned on the official wiki and how this plays out needs to be modded, thank you for your time to work on this project with me but I want every test on it to be modded to certify credibility. No the journals are not an IC just yet, I have future plans for that however. Try again with an RP mod, see the results you get, and dig deeper. My suspicions are that 662 will not be able to read them as SCP 049's native tongue is from an alternate reality or anomalous universe. However, don't let that discourage you if that is the case, difficulty proves capability.
//Every Project related Test needs to be RP Modded, ‘‘twas just a misunderstanding.
Now keep the ooc chatter to a minimum fellas

Youxlovexme

Active
<DOCUMENT IS LEVEL Project Decrpyt Researchers and level 4 Security>
<CLEARANCE VALIDATED.>

AREA-XYZ RESEARCH LOG

Pen and Paper, SCP 049's journals

Personnel involved:
SID Heavy Yamguchi
SID Heavy Cogs
SID BCU Allen
SID Supervisor Sanchez

SCPs involved:
SCP 049
SCP 049-2

Why are you conducting this test?

I am conducting this test in order to deepen our understanding of SCP 049 and his journals as well as to contribute to Project Decrypt.

What do you think will happen?

I think we will delve deeper into SCP 049's journals due to the fact we will be sating his appetite for knowledge by providing him with D class to cure as well as because we shall be flattering him with compliments in order to make him more cooperative.

What steps are you taking to do this test?

First we shall give him three D class to cure as a way to make him happy and cooperative, we will watch for any irregularities in the procedure in each one and shortly after offer him the next making sure to only send in one D class at a time. This part of the test as mentioned before is mainly just to make SCP 049 happy and cooperative though it will pose little to no help in the end results of project Decrypt.
After this process is completed SCP 049 will be asked about the specimen of acid provided to him in Project Decrypt test one in order to get him talking and open with us before delving into the journals under his possession. This is once more used to gradually step up to getting SCP 049 to release information about his journals as well as possibly learn more about SCP 035. In theory SCP 049 probably didn't learn much we didn't already know or perhaps he cracked something we couldn't.
Finally Dr. Izcrizky will delve into asking SCP 049 about his journals, asking him to translate more for us to study as well as ask questions about linguistics or even the history of his language, where does it have it's roots, is it from an alternate reality as we expected, how has he maintained knowledge of it for so long, do any people in this reality speak it? Questions such as this should shine some light on the seemingly uncrackable language. If at any point scp 049 seems uncooperative we shall play into his ego as to make him lower his guard and reveal more information to us. As a bonus at the end we may ask more questions about The Pestilence.

What Happened?
The following is an audio log between Dr. Izcrizky and SCP 049

SCP 049: Now what do you care to talk about todsay good doctor?
Doctor Izcrizky: I'd like to ask you if you made any discoveries with the SCP 035 acid I had left you with.
SCP049: What did you want to know about it?

Doctor: Nothing in particular.
SCP 049: *Seems to go off topic* Lately I have found ingredients to help with my cure. *Not related to the acid*
Doctor: Did the ingredients come from the acid?
SCP: Of course not.
Doctor: Very well, starting with the journals, how have you maintained knowledge of your language for so long?

SCP: Well you see good doctor, I've journeyed quite far and of course I must write what I see, I maintain by writing down what I see over and over.
Doctor: Very good, I suppose that would help, what are it's roots if none on this planet, what is it most similar to.
SCP: Mainly, well what's the place that you call it. I'm not too sure, I don't remember, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Doctor: Do you mind if I show you some sample languages to spark your memory?
SCP: Please do, I do not mind at all.
*A sheaf of papers is heard rustling*
SCP: My my you do possess a lot of knowledge might I say good doctor. I say *A finger is heard touching paper* These two look familiar. (He chose Sanskrit and Latin)
Doctor: Yes, very interesting, Sanskrit is the oldest language on the planet, this may prove troublesome. *A sheet of paper is heard sliding across the table written in Sanskrit* Can you read this?
SCP: Yes, it is somewhat familiar, it says the end is never the end if I am not mistaken.
Doctor: Correct, how about this? *A paper is heard sliding across the table in French*
SCP: Yes I am quite certain "The beginning is merely the end of the end" If I am not wrong.

Doctor: That is correct. Again how about this. *A piece of paper just slides across the table in Latin*
SCP: Ughm let's see here, long live the emperor...yes I believe so.
Doctor: Yes and finally...*A piece of paper in Spanish is slid across the table.*
SCP: I am not too certain, yes I am quite confused,\
Doctor: That was spanish. *The papers are collected* Moving on from that, would it be safe to assume yo've never heard your language on this world?
SCP: Hmmm, I can't say that I have, it may be similar to some but I am not certain, I am sorry.
Doctor: That is quite all right, last meeting you said there were other like you, is it safe to assume you come from an alternate reality?
SCP: No of course not, that would be simply absurd. I have always been here.
Doctor: Do you remember who created this language, did only doctors speak it?
SCP: Ughm, the one that I speak? I am not too sure, apologies.
Doctor: Quite understandable, is it possible you remember some Grammar rules?
SCP: Grammar rules....hmmm, if I am not wrong Feminine words use an O while masucline words use an, A, E I, I cannot remember too clearly but I am pretty sure that is how it went.
Doctor: Do you remember where the letters went in the word?
SCP: Ughhh, always at the end except if the noun was plural...yes, yes.
Doctor: And what do you do if it is plural?
SCP: If it is plural you must add an additional vowel to the word.
Doctor: Does everything have a gender?
SCP: Adjectives and pronouns can be neutral, if i'm not wrong but all nouns must have gender.
Doctor: This meeting must be cut short, when I see you next may you please have a paper written for me on as many grammar rules as you can remember?
SCP: Certainly, good day sir.

What can you conclude from this?
It is concluded that SCP 049 may be able to teach us his language with adept to mediocre skill however it should be enough in the end for us to reasonably. It is also concluded that SCP 049 speaks multiple languages, mostly the oldest ones such as Latin and Sanskrit.

Was your hypothesis supported or rejected? Why?

My hypothesis was correct due to the fact that SCP 049 was more willing to cooperate after providing him with D class and feeding his ego.

Do you have anything unrelated to the test to say?

SCP 035 had breached during the test and the test was terminated prematurely. The Third test will be conducted soon.

Signed, Dr. Izcrizky

Last edited:

PoH 2

Forum Rookie
I would like permission to place a piece of SCP-049s journal in to SCP-914 on setting 'Fine' and 'Very fine'. It's possible that SCP-914 could transform the text into an understandable language or decryptable text. It's worth a try either way.

~Coiro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)