• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Reduce SCP-939/SCP-682 knockback

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
Currently, as it stands, one person can kill SCP-939s if they have an AR-15 and can pull their mouse down. This is pretty much because of the ****ing insane knockback that they get when they're being shot, or taking damage in general.

Not only does it make it impossible for 939s to run at people in an attempt to bite them, but it also means that if you have a shotgun you can essentially send them on a 939 space program across the desert and watch them die from fall damage.

While this is hilarious, it should be reduced to be more favorable and not absolute cancer to play as.

IC reason: red lizards don't fly even if they are shot, same with 682

It's not just with shooting 939s, but in certain areas, 939s cannot escape 457 because 457 makes them fly and they can't leave because of the doorways.

Last edited:

Harris Press

Kek Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
https://www.concordiagaming.com/index.php?threads/give-scps-knockback-immunity.35437/
The reason why this was denied was because a Health Buff would occur, the buff has since then been accepted(Not XYZ'd though) however I don't see how that would fix this issue.

I still think 939 has a stupid high knockback that makes it easy for one-two people to kill them by trapping them in a corner, or when they are going down a hallway and get pushed all the way back because of a p90. The same goes for Able where a people are able to just make him fly to prevent him from attacking, while it isn't as bad for Able it just doesn't make sense that he would get knocked back so much by bullets.

So I am giving this a +support

Nighthawk

Well-Known
+Heavy Support

The amount of knockback the 939s get is extremely ridiculous, and makes them literally weak and easy for SID and GenSec to recontain as they just stand in front of a door and while shooting them they can literally push them back at Mach 5 without even giving them a chance to get out.

I get it's for balancing purposes, but holy **** please just fix the knockback at least a little bit, because right now it just makes the 939s less fun.

ArranC

Well-Known
+Support 939's are obsolete, and this is the reason they aren't played when the gensec/SID numbers are high

Nebuobbles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
+Support
939s are a joke, even with the upcoming 4K health buff. You would still only need two SSOs with P90's and 939 basically dies.
Also ICly bullets wouldn't make you go fly away

Morgan Harper

Expert Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
+Support
As of now you can solo kill a 939 with a AR-15. Even with the 4000 HP boost, I think the 939s will still be slightly weak. This will improve the 939s and make it so 939 loses its trait of being contained easily.

CyanEve

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
ULTRA MEGA USER
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
Added 682 to be included because he's supposed to eat bullets like cereal.

Commie

Expert Tier
The 939s are still trash. You can solo them with an AR-15 and a 60 round mag. They can't do **** against that. Let alone multiple people who coordinate against them.

+Support

Dunken

Well-Known
Yea, the one time I got out as 682 recently, all it took was 3 mtf to knock me back until I ragdolled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)