• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

Research Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter

Previously known as Reet Skeet
ULTRA MEGA USER
AREA-XYZ RESEARCHER APPLICATION

S.C.P

(Special Containment Procedures)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Applicants! Welcome to the Research Department. Ensure that you take this application seriously, and that you are prepared for criticism. Do not make a joke application, or one that can be considered cancerous; you WILL BE BLACKLISTED. If you do apply, put effort into your application and understand that if you are accepted, you are expected to remain active and productive. Please be competent, sincere, and ensure that you always check the documents linked below to make sure that you know that what you are doing is correct, and is following our guidelines. YOU MUST PUT YOUR INFORMATION ON BOTH ROSTERS BEFORE YOU CAN BE WHITELISTED FOR RESEARCHER! FAILURE TO SIGN BOTH ROSTERS IN THREE DAY'S TIME FROM ACCEPTANCE WILL RESULT IN REVOCATION OF ACCEPTANCE!!!

[SECTION ONE: IC INFORMATION]

1.1) Title (Mr. or Mrs.):

Mr.

1.2) First name:
Arthur

1.3) Last Name:
Terrance

1.4) Gender:
Male

1.5) Date of Birth (No earlier than 1987):
5/19/1987

1.6) Race:
Caucasian

1.7) Nationality:
American

1.8) What is your background?:
Arthur Terrance tended to excel throughout his high school years, and took a highly developed liking to Biochemistry and Calculus, even going as far to spend his holidays and Summers expanding his knowledge on the subjects with private torturers. After his years in a Michigan high school, graduating with the Class of 2005, he immediately sent out applications for his three top colleges, later being accepted into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, moving to Cambridge, Massachusetts to take part in a Biochemistry Program provided by MIT. Terrance spent his next five years aiming to achieve a doctoral degree in Biochemistry, and in 2010, at 23 years of age, he succeeded in his goal. Terrance, now a graduate of MIT, took three years in independent research, and in 2013, he set off to work with The UCLA-DOE Institute in Los Angeles, California, in which he worked for seven years until 2019. During his time there, he was considered to be among the top researchers at the institute due to his outstanding conduct and discoveries in his field, which gained him recognition by the Foundation's Research Department.

[Section Two: OOC Section]
@Pownage

2.1) Why do you wish to join the Research Division? (Minimum 50 words):
I wish to join the research department because it's always been something that's interested me, and considering that the entire server practically revolves around Research RP, it's something that I would enjoy being a part of, to not only encourage RP, but to create RP within the server. I feel like research always upheld this important role on the server, and I think it's about time that I join in.

2.2) Please list relevant skills and qualities that could assist you in becoming a Researcher:
I understand how Serious Roleplay works.
I have read and understand both the Research Referance Sheet and the Anomaly Testing Requirements.
I have read and understand both the MOTD and the Articles of Conduct.

2.3) In-game name (Most notable character):
Head Marshal Thompson

2.4) Your Steam ID:
STEAM_1:0:445930044

2.5) Your Steam + Teamspeak Names:
Reet Skeet
Skeeter

2.6) Do you have any relevant experience in Serious Roleplay?:
Yes, I have been with this community for a little over a year now, and I played previously on a different Serious Roleplay server for two years before discovering this server.

2.7) Will you flag down if a member of the Staff Team asks you to?:
Absolutely.

2.8) Do you know how and what a /me is? If so, explain and use an example:
A /me is used to describe an ingame action undergone by your character, and they are used in Combat RP, Tech RP, Passive RP, etc.
For an example, if someone wanted to tackle someone, they'd use a /me.
/me tackles the person infront of them to the ground.

2.9) Do you know what a /roll is, and how it is used with a /me? If so, explain and use an example:
A /roll is used to determine if an action is successful or not, and is also used along with a counter /me. Some people also have a roll bonus, which is added to the number that they rolled.
For an example, if someone wanted to tackle a person, and the other person wanted to try to avoid the tackle, they would both use /mes, followed by a /roll.

* Trainee Johnson attempts to tackle the CI Marksman infront of them to the ground.
* Marksman Abraham tries to move to the left, completely avoiding the tackle.
** Trainee Johnson rolls 89 (0-100)
** Marksman Abraham rolls 34 (0-100)

Marksman Abraham would have been tackled by the trainee, as he lost the roll in the RP scenario.

2.10) Have you read the Research Department Reference Sheet?:
Yes, I have.

2.11) Describe the six different facility codes, including when they are activated and what you are expected to do during them:
Code Green
- During a Code Green, it is expected that the facility is safe, and there is no containment breaches in progress. I, as a researcher, am expected to go about my normal tasks, and if I am testing, it may continue assuming I have the proper security personnel present.

Code Yellow - During a Code Yellow, it is expected that there is a breach a single Euclid Class SCP, and security will work to recontain said SCP. I, as a researcher, am expected to go about work as usual, and testing may continue unless a Level 3+ informs me that my safety is in danger due to the breach, to which I would wait in a safe zone after terminating any testing that I was undergoing at the time.

Code Orange - During a Code Orange, it is assumed that the Chaos Insurgency are in progress of raiding the facility, and I am expected, as a researcher, to immediately terminate all testing, and retreat to a safe zone to avoid capture.

Code Red - During a Code Red, It is assumed that there is one or more Keter Class SCPs, and/or multiple Euclid SCPs are breached containment. During a Code Red, I am to terminate all testing, and wait in a safe zone while waiting for the breaches to be dealt with, unless ordered somewhere else by a higher ranking security personnel.

Code Grey - During a Code Grey, the facility is on Lockdown due to either an unknown anomaly in the facility, or the escape of D-Class personnel from D-Block. During a Code Lockdown, I should be listening to higher ranking security personnel to ensure my safety, and testing should be terminated until the threat is handled.

Code Black - During a Code Black, the facility is considered to be completely compromised due to the breaches of multiple SCPs, and is to be destroyed. All testing should be terminated before evacuating to the MTF FOB.

2.12) What are the three main SCP object classes? Describe them and give at least two on-area examples:
Object Class Safe
- SCPs that are designated under the Object Class Safe are considered to be understood to a decent extent, and there are reliable containment procedures for said SCP. Safe Class SCPs are not all considered to be safe in nature, and are to be interacted with only if there is sufficient security personnel involved.
Examples: SCP-343 and SCP-131-B are both designated as Object Class Safe.

Object Class Euclid - SCPs that are designated under the Object Class Euclid are considered to be vaguely understood and unpredictable, and the containment of said SCPs are considered to be somewhat unreliable. Extreme caution is to be used while interacting with Euclid Class SCPs in a controlled environment, and sufficient security personnel are to always be present.
Examples: SCP-173 and SCP-2300 are both designated as Object Class Euclid.

Object Class Keter - SCPs that are designated under the Object Class Keter are considered to be a large threat to the Foundation, and are considered to be the least understood out of the three classes. The containment procedures of Keter Class SCPs are extremely thorough and extreme, to ensure they stay contained as long as possible.
Examples: SCP-076-2 and SCP-2006 are both designated as Object Class Keter.

2.13) What types of Amnestics are you permitted to use? When should you use them? What is their effective memory erasure period? What are their chances to fail? Give a scenario for each amnestic of an event in which you would not use it:
Class A Amnestics
- Class A Amnestics are to be used after testing with D-Class, or any other personnel involved that are not cleared for information within a given test.
When subjected to Class A Amnestics, a person should have no recollection of the happenings of the past 6-12 hours, and is has a failure rate of 2%. (Roll of 99+)
Class A Amnestics should not be used after a testing session longer than 12 hours time, or for recreational usage.

Class B Amnestics - Class B Amnestics should be used on Class-D personnel in the scenario of a testing period of longer than 12 hours occurs.
When subjected to Class B Amnestics, a person should have no recollection of the past 20-72 hours, and it has a failure rate of 3%. (Roll of 98+)
Class B Amnestics should not be used after a testing session of 12 hours or shorter, a testing session longer than 72 hours, or for recreational usage.

2.14) A group of two or more CI walk into the Research Wing and point guns at you, telling you to get on the ground. What do you do?
I would be forced to comply with their demands, getting on the ground and awaiting further orders, as I would be placed under FearRP due to the multiple firearms trained on me.

2.15) You see an anomalous plush turtle flinging around and it kills a security personnel, what do you do?
I would alert SID personnel of the anomaly and its location after getting to a safe area away from the anomaly, then, once contained by SID, I should alert research leadership and area management about the anomaly.

2.16) It is currently a code green and you have no ideas for any tests, what should you do instead?
I should instead try to review any tests with a rejected hypothesis, and try to analyze what could be done differently to support the hypothesis, then conduct a retesting after obtaining clearance, and the necessary security personnel. If for some reason I cannot conduct a retesting of any kind, I should see if there are any active tests that I could assist in.

2.17) Do you understand that if you are not found testing within a week you will then be demoted?
I do understand.

Do you understand that if you do not follow the CoC you will be demoted?
I do understand.

Do you understand that sometimes you will need to be amnesticized?
I do understand that if I witness something higher than my clearance, that I must amnesticize myself, or be amnesticized by someone of clearance.

Do you understand that disobedience / insubordination towards your higher-ups; Area Management, and toxicity of any kind whilst flagged up is considered grounds for demotion?
I do understand.

2.18) Are you aware that opening SCP CC’s without a proper reason will get you permanently banned from the server?
I do understand.

2.19) Do you understand that if your name is removed from the Research Roster [either one] at any point, you are considered removed from the department; and must not use your research character without DVL approval?
I do understand.

2.20) If removed from the department, do you agree to voluntarily have your whitelist removed, under penalty of blacklist?
I do understand.

2.21) Do you understand that you may be un-whitelisted, blacklisted, or otherwise removed from the Research Department at any time for any reason if you are found to be unsuitable for the department? As such, do you accept this possibility?
I do understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)