• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

SCP-1036 Fixes/Changes/Preventative improvement. Thoughts?

Lock

Active
Greetings Reader, Today I am writing a suggestion to provide improvements and possible changes for the NEW SCP 1036. I hope some tips here would prove interesting. This would be in chronological order for each Instance then later will exclaim issues and possible fixes.

Okay so we shall establish the 1036 as a whole and additions and changes that could be made for improvements.

1.1 Lets have SCP-1036 see a Hosts Radio and have access to Hosts radio if the Host has a radio. This can be helpful in all situations and I assume if not said in this document it was probably discussed.

2.1 Make it possible for the 1036 to have accessibility to the Host's inventory such as being able to draw and withdraw weapons at their own leisure without having to constantly DM or voice your command to everyone (If impossible could we have each 1036 have an addition in which they can talk normally I.e in Earshot and in Radio, and one where they can toggle and speak inside the Host's head like 035 mask making sense as it is a cognitohazard)

3.1 Again if possible make 1036's controls more fluid when the Host isnt competing for control, Right now it is incredibly "Stuttery" and basically gives away your cover immediately when people witness someone unable to walk properly and can barely make themselves down a hallway

Okay so I can imagine the users of 1036 get pretty mad when they announce there timer. So a few ways to balance this out each are options some may work well together.

1.2 Make One way shades a limited product (Meaning you can only get them from a armory) Having the whole of HCZ foundation staff wander around in these one way glasses is silly and unnecessary, Maybe when the SCP is missing and needs to be found, But they should be grabbed from an armory instead of an endless stock inside the containment this helps out 1036 as it opens for people to make mistakes and an SCP like 1036 preys on human mistake to breach.

2.2 Remove the announcement timer, But replace with Flag up announcement, meaning as soon as user flags up they must announce it, I.e /advert Spirit of SCP-1036-6 Awakens. And from then on it is up to Foundation Personnel to keep a timer on it themselves and remember to do repair it. ( Think of it like 019, No one stands outside of it waiting for it to fill up its something SID as a protocol check up on and deal with. As they walk by)

3.2 Make it a Foundation rule to not "Camp" 1036, This is a grey area, but if someone is waiting for nails to pop out they really shouldn't as realistically no one wants to stand in the presence of a Cognitohazard any longer then they need to. Also in addition standing inside the Containment could possibly be seen as you being product for possession and should be interrogated. (Think like 035 again no one stands inside its containment and watches Acid fill up, They check on it and deal with it when need be as they fear possession)

4.2 I'm positive a Suggestion has or is being made for One way shades, but I shall add it incase. Lets have One way shades actually have a HUD effect like gas mask and prevent sight. (Perhaps a large Glasses shaped silhouette across screen when worn)

That's all that comes to mind for now. Thanks for reading I hope you consider some of these changes and improvements. to Agree/Disagree in comments please use number designation for each suggestion and tell me your thoughts. I.e (2.2 is a good idea)

Doc Biggums

Well-Known
I like all of it so +support
4.2 I'm positive a Suggestion has or is being made for One way shades, but I shall add it incase. Lets have One way shades actually have a HUD effect like gas mask and prevent sight. (Perhaps a large Glasses shaped silhouette across screen when worn)
I swear you stole this from my mind you sneaky chad. but MASSIVE +SUPPORT to this one. The glasses have no negative and can just be worn 24/7 with no repercussions, so fuck yeah.

Chubby

No better than dirt.
1.1 Lets have SCP-1036 see a Hosts Radio and have access to Hosts radio if the Host has a radio. This can be helpful in all situations and I assume if not said in this document it was probably discussed.
+Support
2.1 Make it possible for the 1036 to have accessibility to the Host's inventory such as being able to draw and withdraw weapons at their own leisure without having to constantly DM or voice your command to everyone (If impossible could we have each 1036 have an addition in which they can talk normally I.e in Earshot and in Radio, and one where they can toggle and speak inside the Host's head like 035 mask making sense as it is a cognitohazard)
+Support. It would also be good if they could use the weapon selection bar as well as the inventory so they can force the host to pull out weapons and shoot people with them.
3.1 Again if possible make 1036's controls more fluid when the Host isnt competing for control, Right now it is incredibly "Stuttery" and basically gives away your cover immediately when people witness someone unable to walk properly and can barely make themselves down a hallway
It's a new SCP so I expect this to happen, but +Support I guess? Just give XYZ some time to iron out any bugs 1036 might have.
1.2 Make One way shades a limited product (Meaning you can only get them from a armory) Having the whole of HCZ foundation staff wander around in these one way glasses is silly and unnecessary, Maybe when the SCP is missing and needs to be found, But they should be grabbed from an armory instead of an endless stock inside the containment this helps out 1036 as it opens for people to make mistakes and an SCP like 1036 preys on human mistake to breach.
-Support. IC'lly this would make no sense as Area-XYZ would want to have glasses easily available to deal with 1036 during emergencies, so I'm gonna have to say no to that one. A better suggestion would be to make your screen dimmer or more blurry whilst wearing the glasses to balance it out better.
2.2 Remove the announcement timer, But replace with Flag up announcement, meaning as soon as user flags up they must announce it, I.e /advert Spirit of SCP-1036-6 Awakens. And from then on it is up to Foundation Personnel to keep a timer on it themselves and remember to do repair it. ( Think of it like 019, No one stands outside of it waiting for it to fill up its something SID as a protocol check up on and deal with. As they walk by)
~Neutral. This doesn't seem too bad but some people might forget SCP-1036 is even flagged up after awhile, and I feel as though it'll encourage players to sit by the CC even more because of paranoia causing them to hammer the nails in every minute. Getting rid of the timer adverts would be really annoying for Foundation.
3.2 Make it a Foundation rule to not "Camp" 1036, This is a grey area, but if someone is waiting for nails to pop out they really shouldn't as realistically no one wants to stand in the presence of a Cognitohazard any longer then they need to. Also in addition standing inside the Containment could possibly be seen as you being product for possession and should be interrogated. (Think like 035 again no one stands inside its containment and watches Acid fill up, They check on it and deal with it when need be as they fear possession)
-Support. This sounds like an IC issue and if RP Mods really want to they can somehow "punish" players for idly sitting by 1036 by making them hit their finger by accident with the nail. Other than that I don't think SID should really be punished for doing their job because the only way to keep it contained is to keep the nails in. The most effective way to prevent breaches is to have one SID near 1036 at all times. I know camping is annoying, but this isn't the way to fix it.

Lawner

Super Admin
Staff member
Super Admin
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
3.1: I spoke with Rooz and it made sense to me because you possess someone, there are two souls fighting for control in one body. This is why it's a little jerky but I heard your movements most of time overpower the host's controls if you do it first. Though it would be nice if it was toned down so it's less obvious.

1.2: Eh what Chubby said.

2.2: This will cause SID to be even more paranoid and camp at your cell.

3.2: I already spoke with other SID Supervisors+ that SID should NOT be camping at its cell, and instead attend to the other matters on area(cleanings, feelings). SID should only be at the cell when it's like 5 mins left or somewhere around that time or tests.

The Anchorman

SCP RP Director
Staff member
Director
SCPRP Staff
Greetings Reader, Today I am writing a suggestion to provide improvements and possible changes for the NEW SCP 1036. I hope some tips here would prove interesting. This would be in chronological order for each Instance then later will exclaim issues and possible fixes.

Okay so we shall establish the 1036 as a whole and additions and changes that could be made for improvements.

We'll see about this one. For now, 1036 can just force the host via /mes.

1. Accessing the host's inventory is, unfortunately, not possible due to Gmod limitations (/mes exist tho).

2. I like this, however for now we will add a rule to the MOTD stating that PMing the host as 1036 and vice versa is IC.

3.1 Again if possible make 1036's controls more fluid when the Host isnt competing for control, Right now it is incredibly "Stuttery" and basically gives away your cover immediately when people witness someone unable to walk properly and can barely make themselves down a hallway.
It's supposed to be obvious. You're basically forcing someone like a puppet to walk down a hallway against their will. That's going to be pretty obvious to onlookers, especially when the host is resisting.

The SCP was intended to be RP intensive. You're supposed to communicate with your host, and there are multiple ways of going about this. Just forcing them to do something against their will because "I am da captain now" will not always work.

You're supposed to get creative with it.
Okay so I can imagine the users of 1036 get pretty mad when they announce there timer. So a few ways to balance this out each are options some may work well together.

That would make no sense. Why wouldn't there be a constant supply of glasses right outside of the CC?

The SCP wasn't designed to be constantly possessing people during maintenance anyway. 035 is there for that.

Okay.

No. Your 035 analogy is garbage. This is easily your weakest suggestion on the list.

This is just retarded and pointless. If the frame of your glasses is blocking your vision, you must have quite the dome.

Last edited:

Soles

Trusted Admin
Staff member
Trusted Admin
SCPRP Staff
Lets also have 1036's not possess Trainee's in the Trainee room, that'd be neato.

Anglican

Banned
Banned
When you’re wearing glasses, you don’t see them. Your brain naturally removes them from your sight. Much like how you do not see the center part of the gasmask when wearing it.

Jigabees

Forum Rookie
All the 0.1s +Support: These are mainly technical improvements and only serve to benefit and improve quality of life.

1.2 -Support: The tools for containment and care of an SCP should be available nearby, not halfway across the area. It wouldn't make sense to hide tools so far away considering glasses are easy to store and not dangerous.

2.2 -Support: 1036 breaches are already more common than anything else, this is just asking for even more breaches. ICly there would be some sort of system to check on the nails and report the situation. The warning reminds people that 1036s are flagged up and the time they have left. No one wants to have to set 4 individual timers to keep track of the nail progress. Also what if I join after a 1036 flags up?

3.2 -Support: If no other more urgent tasks are needed at the moment, there shouldn't be a problem with camping. I've even heard a sector admin say the SCP was designed to be camped. Camping is far more useful than just patrolling in free time. These 4 SCPs have the power to breach and host every 15 minutes, that is a serious risk. Having guards outside of it is not outrageous. Also a lot of people seem to think people are camping when they aren't. I have been told multiple times to stop camping even though I ran over from LHCZ, LCZ, or somewhere else in HCZ to 1036's CC. It only takes like 1 minute to run from pretty much anywhere in the area to 1036's CC. If I'm patrolling HCZ, you bet your ass I'm going to yeet a nail in as soon as I see a 10 minute advert, there is just a lack of reason not to, you never know if something is going to happen at the 5 minute mark, why risk it?

4.2 -Support: I'm not sure if you wear glasses, but they don't impair your vision significantly at all. The only reason I could think of to add this would be to make people not wear glasses to increase the chances of a breach of the most breached SCP on the server.

ImTheFBI

Sector Admin
Staff member
Sector Admin
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
1.1 and 2.1 - Possibly it could work to copy whatever is in it's host's inventory (excluding what is equipped) into 1036's, so it could press F1 to see what it gets. This would also, in turn, give it the radio that it's host has. There would need to be a limitation of not allowing 1036 to drop the items though, or just adding a rule to stop it from doing so. Not sure if that's possible, but I could see it being accepted if that were the case.

The rest of the suggestion would be denied, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)