• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

SSO is getting SOs into trouble

Volf

God Tier
Why are people being PKed for not knowing stuff because they're new or were told bad info anyway. Also this does happen a lot when I am SO, literally any SSO or provost are watching for any small thing I do and have been detained many times for retarded reasons because of this.
Noramly or for the server sake, everything has to be treated realistically but when you know this is a new player still trying to learn a bit of things, you cant just demote them instantly and or pk them, you can give them warnings and correct them so they know next time. You can demote them if they 100% did the bad thing on purpose or was careless on what happened.

Chubby

Better than dirt.
Staff member
Operator
The question is why? I mean yes sometimes we run around like a hypothetical chicken with our heads cut off and sometimes run around like an actual chicken with its head cut off. But we are an affective force most of the time.
Because they find it fun and a very easy way to fulfil their quota. Not trying to sound like an ass but I've literally seen people disguise as SOs and follow people around waiting for them to fuck something up. I don't think it happens as much anymore but it's a thing that's happened previously because of how you're supposed to be able to stay in the branch (and plus they get bored and all that).

I don't know if the quota thing is still implemented like that anymore.

Jpdelta

Forum Rookie
Because they find it fun and a very easy way to fulfil their quota. Not trying to sound like an ass but I've literally seen people disguise as SOs and follow people around waiting for them to fuck something up. I don't think it happens as much anymore but it's a thing that's happened previously because of how you're supposed to be able to stay in the branch (and plus they get bored and all that).

I’ve heard of this to.

Patriot

Well-Known
Retired Staff
Patron
If anything were harder on SID then gensec, mcgriffin like yesterday started roasting SID for how incompetent they are over radio
To be fair, he DID get hosted by 1036-1 as his commander. Meaning both it’s effects, and the sheer lack of SID response warranted it.

ImTheFBI

Sector Admin
Staff member
Sector Admin
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
PKing people for going into HCZ is dumb and any SOC PKing them for that one reason should be demoted.

Provost having a quota for dishing out punishments is also dumb and they shouldn’t be trying to disguise themselves either, as iirc that would be breaking AOC themselves which is very hypocritical.

Grognak

Forum Rookie
PKing people for going into HCZ is dumb and any SOC PKing them for that one reason should be demoted.

Provost having a quota for dishing out punishments is also dumb and they shouldn’t be trying to disguise themselves either, as iirc that would be breaking AOC themselves which is very hypocritical.
This man speaking the correct language here.

Machinemann

Forum Rookie
I think that it is sad the SSO's are giving SO's misinformation, they gain nothing out of it. Rather than PKing on first offence, we should take these issues as a way to teach SO's rather than having them learn by killing them every time someone makes a mistake

Jpdelta

Forum Rookie
I think that it is sad the SSO's are giving SO's misinformation, they gain nothing out of it. Rather than PKing on first offence, we should take these issues as a way to teach SO's rather than having them learn by killing them every time someone makes a mistake
It is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Burtard

"Don't Call Me Retarded"
If an SO was in hcz I'd assume there was a post meeting. When i was. An so we'd be in groups of 4 with an SSO as lead and we'd check in every few minutes.

Skeeter

Previously known as Reet Skeet
ULTRA MEGA USER

There isn't any type of quota at all, and SOs are the ones that do dumb shit that needs to be corrected 90% of the time. I personally don't like demoting new players either, as it is primarily not their fault.

There are people that do enjoy being nazis and go out of their way to fuck up a new player's experience on the server with the hour ban. It's scummy, but people can just brush it off with a simple, "I'm just doing my job," as that player loses interest in rejoining the server.

Magic man

Well-Known

Provosts don’t have quotas? I don’t believe they have for ages?

Magic man

Well-Known

We don't have quotas and last I checked we haven't had them for months. Provosts shouldn't be stalking SO's if they are inform provosts SOC about the issue. We also don't do undercover anymore and again haven't for at least a month or two.

Chubby

Better than dirt.
Staff member
Operator
There isn't any type of quota at all, and SOs are the ones that do dumb shit that needs to be corrected 90% of the time. I personally don't like demoting new players either, as it is primarily not their fault.

There are people that do enjoy being nazis and go out of their way to fuck up a new player's experience on the server with the hour ban. It's scummy, but people can just brush it off with a simple, "I'm just doing my job," as that player loses interest in rejoining the server.
We don't have quotas and last I checked we haven't had them for months. Provosts shouldn't be stalking SO's if they are inform provosts SOC about the issue. We also don't do undercover anymore and again haven't for at least a month or two.
You guys didn’t understand what I was trying to say. I said they did the undercover and quota shit PREVIOUSLY but probably not anymore. Im pretty sure there was some sort of requirement to post an interrogation log at least once per week to prove activity a while ago, however I don’t think they do it anymore, which you have confirmed so that’s good to hear.

Also with the undercover stuff and demotions I’m not saying every Provost was in the wrong, I’m saying there have been people who have given unfair punishments and things like that in the past (e.g. demoting an SO for misclicking, which everyone does at least once on the server).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)