• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

The Arena

Bronze

Gay
Retired Staff
“Here, um, Al.”

“Grab us two wooden swords and we’ll spar a little and I’ll give you a hands on demonstration.”
Al walks over to the rack and looks at the swords. He then grabs two that are in decent condition out of the ones that have probably been beat to death by Ares kids, and hands McCoy one.

Userman

Epic Tier
*Vivian stops and checks her phone.*
"Right. Well, 20 minutes until you can tell them about mythology."
*Vivian continues her demonstrations, being clear and precise about what she is doing. She is clearly doing greek training from what she has been taught years prior. She is still reacting to the skeleton warriors attacks, with both being slow to help the students understand. She explains what she is doing as she does it.*
// Vivian demonstrates her secret move developed by herself, Dragon Twister.

Cannibalistic

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
Al walks over to the rack and looks at the swords. He then grabs two that are in decent condition out of the ones that have probably been beat to death by Ares kids, and hands McCoy one.
*McCoy sets down his sword and shield then takes the wooden sword.*
“Alright, So with you Al this will be important until you get those wings and are able to better distance yourself but this will also come in handy should you be in a situation where close combat is required.”

Bronze

Gay
Retired Staff
*McCoy sets down his sword and shield then takes the wooden sword.*
“Alright, So with you Al this will be important until you get those wings and are able to better distance yourself but this will also come in handy should you be in a situation where close combat is required.”
Al twirls the blade around a couple of times, getting a feel for it's weight/playing with it slightly.
"Yeah, I gotcha. Hopefully I won't have to be in that situation, but you never know."

Cannibalistic

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
Al twirls the blade around a couple of times, getting a feel for it's weight/playing with it slightly.
"Yeah, I gotcha. Hopefully I won't have to be in that situation, but you never know."
“Exactly, always be ready. What you’ll want to do is go in a defensive position and have them make the first move. From there you react to their attack and take advantage of what they left open. So here.”
*McCoy backs up and takes a defensive stance. He holds the sword with two hands.*
“Come at me like you’re gonna slice me, do it slow so you can see what I do.”

Bronze

Gay
Retired Staff
“Exactly, always be ready. What you’ll want to do is go in a defensive position and have them make the first move. From there you react to their attack and take advantage of what they left open. So here.”
*McCoy backs up and takes a defensive stance. He holds the sword with two hands.*
“Come at me like you’re gonna slice me, do it slow so you can see what I do.”
"Okay. Well, if I just had the sword and no shield, I'd probably do something like this."
Alphonse approaches McCoy and puts two hands on the sword. Once close enough, he raises the sword and slowly comes down with it. From combat experience and it being fairly obvious, McCoy can tell the path of the slash is gonna be from his shoulder to his chest/gut area.

Lore

Mega Tier
*Vivian stops and sees Alphonse now practicing with McCoy. She looks to Ari.*
"Any questions?"

Cannibalistic

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
"Okay. Well, if I just had the sword and no shield, I'd probably do something like this."
Alphonse approaches McCoy and puts two hands on the sword. Once close enough, he raises the sword and slowly comes down with it. From combat experience and it being fairly obvious, McCoy can tell the path of the slash is gonna be from his shoulder to his chest/gut area.
“Alright, hold there. From here you can do two things. Parry or dodge. For a parry you’d do this.”
*McCoy brings up his sword and gets a little lower. He puts his sword against Al’s.*
“From here you’ll want to try this.”
*McCoy slowly pivots off his front foot and brings his left leg around then taps his shin against the back of Al’s leg.*
“And you push with your sword when you sweep so they’re off balance and you’ve put him in a compromising situation. Flat on their ass.”

Toaster

God Tier
Retired Staff
*He realizes he isn't learning and this is a complete waste of his time. She's giving him the bare minimum amount of effort to justify her being at the camp, which still won't be enough to make him actually competent in combat.*
// #BringbackAchilles

Bronze

Gay
Retired Staff
“Alright, hold there. From here you can do two things. Parry or dodge. For a parry you’d do this.”
*McCoy brings up his sword and gets a little lower. He puts his sword against Al’s.*
“From here you’ll want to try this.”
*McCoy slowly pivots off his front foot and brings his left leg around then taps his shin against the back of Al’s leg.*
“And you push with your sword when you sweep so they’re off balance and you’ve put him in a compromising situation. Flat on their ass.”
"Huh, cool. I was just doing what I saw in shows and anime and shit like that, but yeah, that makes sense."
Once he's done, he lowers his sword down and backs away from McCoy so they aren't like a foot a part.

Lore

Mega Tier
*Yeah, that's accurate.*
*It's not accurate. Vivian has trained in actual greek training for years and constantly practices. Just because she suddenly is unable to apply it to her fighting style, which she has plenty of times actually, does not mean she suddenly does not know how to it works.*
"No"
Ari's disliking for his mother goes up a bit as she doesn't respond to his prayer
"Right, go over to McCoy, he should be doing mythology training."

Cannibalistic

Turbo Tier
Retired Staff
"Huh, cool. I was just doing what I saw in shows and anime and shit like that, but yeah, that makes sense."
Once he's done, he lowers his sword down and backs away from McCoy so they aren't like a foot a part.
*McCoy laughs a little.*
“That’ll only get you so far. Here I’m gonna go through it again but I’ll be slashing at you. Make sure you’re low when you parry so you can actually hold off their slash and pull off the sweep. Okay?”

Harris Press

Turbo Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
*It's not accurate. Vivian has trained in actual greek training for years and constantly practices. Just because she suddenly is unable to apply it to her fighting style, which she has plenty of times actually, does not mean she suddenly does not know how to it works.*

Ari quickly heads over to McCoy and watches his training as well as listens intently

Rob Borealis

Epic Tier
ULTRA MEGA USER
**Lucius and Boris would arrive. Lucius has Boris wait by the entrance for now while Lucius goes to a more remote part of the arena, by the original tungsten target, away from the others. He'd then summon a volleyball sized fireball and shoots it at the tungsten target, aiming straight for the head of the target**

// @Pillhook

Bronze

Gay
Retired Staff
*McCoy laughs a little.*
“That’ll only get you so far. Here I’m gonna go through it again but I’ll be slashing at you. Make sure you’re low when you parry so you can actually hold off their slash and pull off the sweep. Okay?”
Alphonse adjusts his current casual standing position so he gets low, seeming prepared.
"Alright, got it. Ready?"

The Anchorman

SCP RP Director
Staff member
Director
SCPRP Staff

*Vivian has never demonstrated the ability to competently use Greek Training in any fight. She always relied on brute strength. Just because you think you are suddenly a master doesn't mean you are. The fact that you're shit at Greek combat isn't anything new, it's been established for a while now.*

Reactions: Nic

Pillhook

Sector Admin
Staff member
Sector Admin
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
**Lucius and Boris would arrive. Lucius has Boris wait by the entrance for now while Lucius goes to a more remote part of the arena, by the original tungsten target, away from the others. He'd then summon a volleyball sized fireball and shoots it at the tungsten target, aiming straight for the head of the target**

// @Pillhook
It smacks it right in the head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)