• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our Patreon. If you want to give us some support please head on over and sign up. If you get God Tier you don't even receive ads anymore!

https://www.patreon.com/concordiagaming

• Hey Guest, you may be unaware of our steam group. You should join it to receive new information about events etc. on the server!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/concordiagaming

Note: Do not use the Steam group to rant about your ban or to ask to be unbanned. It won't make your situation any better.

XYZ-027 "Mega Wikipedia"

Defron

Expert Tier

Clearance Level: 4/Authorized Access
Anomaly #: XYZ-027
Object Class
: Euclid

======================================================

<Level 4/Authorized Clearance required to proceed…>
<Validation clearance…>
<Clearance Validated.>

<Welcome, Authorized User>

XYZ-027
Nickname
: Mega Wikipedia
Date of Discovery: 01/24/2019
Discovered by: Dr. Famal
Current Location: Vault, ASU-10

Description
:

XYZ-027 is a Large black USB stick that is roughly 2x2x2 inches, once put into a laptop or computer it will show up next to the C: drive like a normal USB, However instead of showing a normal amount of storage it shows 0 space free out of 1 total Zetabyte in storage, once opened a command line will appear with the letters [LOADING ENTRY], this will slowly fill depending on how fast your laptop/PC is once it reaches 100% it will begin loading index all attempts to load the index has failed as it will state [RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY INSUFFICIENT] at 0%, I believe no current amount of RAM would be sufficient to load the full version of the anomalous wikipedia, further testing to put a RAM stick inside of 914 is suggested.

Once it fails to load the full version it will load a lite version of the anomalous wikipedia instead, SCP-914 was inputted into the search bar which gave one result, the result had details about some SCP-914 outputs and a basic description of the SCP together with its object class.

Level: Authorized Access
Anomaly #: XYZ-027
Object Class: Safe

<Level Authorized Clearance required to proceed…>
<Validation clearance…>
<Clearance Validated.>

<Welcome, Authorized User>

XYZ-027
Nickname: Mega Wikipedia The Encyclopedia
Date of Discovery: 01/24/2019
Discovered by: Dr. Famal
Current Location: Vault, ASU-10
Description:

XYZ-027 is a USB stick that is roughly 2x2x2 inches in size, the USB stick holds a zetabyte worth of information in the form of a Encyclopedia, The Encyclopedia requires 8+ Terabytes of Random Access Memory. The exact number of Memory required is yet to be found out.

XYZ-027 has been discovered to have atleast 3 versions.

Lite version

Lite version is the lowest form of XYZ-027 requiring atleast 32 GB of Random Access Memory. This version will start if the PC running XYZ-027 is unable to load XYZ-027s Index.

During the lite version everything will load slower, it is also theorised that less information will be available in this version.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Body-lite version

Body-lite version requires atleast 8 TB+ Random Acccess Memory This version of the XYZ-027 loads articles faster and is theorised to have more information compared to that of the normal lite version.

This version will start if the PC running XYZ-027 is able to load XYZ-027s Index but is unable to load the Body Index.
Full version

The full version of XYZ-027 is still be to discovered, its theorised to require atleast 16+ TB of Random Access Memory, it is also theorised that this version will have much more information than any of the other versions.

XYZ-027 has a tendency to have vastly different levels of information for each article with some giving short descriptions and others being full pages filled with information on how it was created where it resides etc.

Research into retrieving the full version of XYZ-027 is ongoing.

Authorized Access has been granted to Dr. Famal so that he can edit and view this document. Further testing is required.

Last edited:

Lore

Mega Tier
// How big was the flashdrive, and was the wikipedia download compressed or not?

Lore

Mega Tier
// How big was the flashdrive, and was the wikipedia download compressed or not?
// Actually, if I remember correctly, the wikipedia download wouldn't even matter. The only thing that would make a difference would be the flash drive. Defron talked to Blitz, Burg, Nummy, and Nic asking if it would make a library card.

Defron

Expert Tier
// Actually, if I remember correctly, the wikipedia download wouldn't even matter. The only thing that would make a difference would be the flash drive. Defron talked to Blitz, Burg, Nummy, and Nic asking if it would make a library card.
// I asked for their opinions on what it could turn into after being put through 914 but again its just an opinion.

for the details of the usb etc find out icly h e h.

GlaDos2199

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Board of Directors
DVL
With further research it has been determined that anything on the disk past the 16 exabyte mark is inaccessible due to inherent limitations in the 64 bit nature of current processing architectures. It's file system seems to allow it to exploit the absolute maximum theoretical value of 64 bit systems however even though contemporary file systems stop at 8 exabytes.

Reactions: Nic

Nic

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Board of Directors
DVL
With further research it has been determined that anything on the disk past the 16 exabyte mark is inaccessible due to inherent limitations in the 64 bit nature of current processing architectures. It's file system seems to allow it to exploit the absolute maximum theoretical value of 64 bit systems however even though contemporary file systems stop at 8 exabytes.
//Anything found outside this is voided

Defron

Expert Tier
Interesting. If it ever becomes a major problem I'll attempt to figure out a way to get a higher bit processor.

- Famal

// is it possible to use the usb thing in bios or do i need to also get my hands on a 128 bit operating system? i've been googling but i haven't been able to find any concrete answers. nevermind, think i got it figured out.

Last edited:

GlaDos2199

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Board of Directors
DVL
Interesting. If it ever becomes a major problem I'll attempt to figure out a way to get a higher bit processor.

- Famal

// is it possible to use the usb thing in bios or do i need to also get my hands on a 128 bit operating system? i've been googling but i haven't been able to find any concrete answers. nevermind, think i got it figured out.
// It's not the os and software because filesystems like ZFS can theoretically address quote 256 trillion yobibytes however this still requires computational systems that can address that many values. Overall the software is a relatively minor problem. The major problem is the hardware. 128 bit computer hardware simply does not exist currently because no one sees the need to to have more than 16 Exabytes of storage in a single volume or 16 exabytes of ram nor have we ever built a computer or storage device with anywhere near that much storage or ram. New processing architectures would have to be built from the ground up to deal with this problem. Designs actually do exist for this however they are purely theoretical and have never actually been built.

Roozrokh

Head Admin
Staff member
Head Administrator
DVL
SCPRP Staff
Recruitment Team
// It's not the os and software because filesystems like ZFS can theoretically address quote 256 trillion yobibytes however this still requires computational systems that can address that many values. Overall the software is a relatively minor problem. The major problem is the hardware. 128 bit computer hardware simply does not exist currently because no one sees the need to to have more than 16 Exabytes of storage in a single volume or 16 exabytes of ram nor have we ever built a computer or storage device with anywhere near that much storage or ram. New processing architectures would have to be built from the ground up to deal with this problem. Designs actually do exist for this however they are purely theoretical and have never actually been built.

// lol don't forget cooling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)